Wednesday, March 3, 2010

the weight of the world

When I am stressed or sick, the whole thing settles in one of two places.....in my shoulders or with belly troubles. This past week I've been working diligently with a TENS unit to loosen up a trapped nerve in the right shoulder. I got a little hands on help with that yesterday afternoon and today I am SORE. My right arm was jerking involuntarily when somebody would touch just the right spot beneath the shoulder blade. It made for great fun at work! Two of my co-workers helped me out with their own special techniques. We are now at the naproxen and ice stage of treatment and I think it will all be good if I can limit computer use. No problem. I'm too tired to deal with it after tapping out numbers and right justifies and enter enters all day at the sawmill. Thank God the interfaces carry all those numbers across from the analyzers to the IT system. When it's down, we do things the hard way with paper and enter it all later. Talk about FUN!

It's still too cold for the daffodils to open up but they're sitting there not so patiently waiting for a sunny day with no breeze and a temp of fiftysomething, like what is predicted for our weekend on the lane. The cattle are being moved together slowly, as a herd, heading to auction in a week or so. You have to start early with that sort of thing, and Bubba's right on top of it. I wish I had half of his business and organizational talent. He can grow an idea like nobody I've ever seen.

Seems like everybody's got some sort of drama to deal with these days which is just life. I tend to avoid those who perpetuate it and get off playing it because life is just too short to sweat the small stuff. And it's all small, really. Like Annie sings " The sun will come up tooooomorroww!"

Ya'll smile. And call your mother ^j^



3 comments:

  1. Ayup, Spring is on its way. Got crocus coming up, and put in my seed order at Johnny's today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your tender spot decides to un-tense soon. My chiropractor found one this morning that I didn't know I had. Almost jumped off the table.

    I have crocus up and daffs waiting, just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. large snowflakes here. Perfect to stay indoors.
    Please consider trying a PT and ask for ultrasound. It took 6 sessions (15 min a piece every other day) to fix my pinched nerve in my neck but it was SO VERY WORTH IT!

    get well quick, dear lady
    ~a

    ReplyDelete