Saturday, March 20, 2010

almost paradise

That's exactly what my last two days were about. Since I tend to wilt during the extreme southern heat, spring is like the ONLY time I'm really perky. I spent my free time walking the yard, stopping to pinch and pull and rake to make room for the new. There are herbs planted in the back, shielded from the wind by the corner of my house. No asparagus yet, but hostas are peeking out, which always happens during march madness.

I was dreading work this morning because of a scheduled 7 hour downtime and was pleasantly surprised at how the whole thing flowed, for once. It can be tricky business to restart our interfaces in a situation like that and the IT support was great. Thanks Billy!

There has been so much wringing of hands and gloom and doom regarding my parents lately that I was tickled to hear that Daddy is buying a gator to putter around the farm. Why the heck we never thought of this before beats me but I say "go for it!" When Daddy is happy everybody's happy :) Ain't that right Mom?

I was amazed when walking barefoot in my yard at how soft moss is underfoot. The acorns? Not so much. Wasps are beginning to come out of the woodwork but they don't stand a chance with my "take no prisoners" attitude. Southern girls can kill a bug quicker than you can say bless their hearts. Snakes? Now that's a whole 'nother story.

Rain is on the way so I won't have to water what I planted. Ain't He good?

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment