Sunday, March 7, 2010

walk a mile in my shoes

That's exactly the distance from the end of my driveway to the main road. The dogs love to walk it with us and dig up critters in the soft dirt of the ditchbanks. Heading out with my favorite rock station for company, we pranced on down the hill...me pretending to be Stevie Nicks and them just being dogs. Right at the entrance to the dairy barn they found this bloody blob , probably exactly what those two hawks were circling for, and proceeded to chow down. I almost threw up breakfast from Mel's right then and there. I can't take that side of nature, ya'll.

Meanwhile, the ladybugs are making a comeback along with a stray fly or two since the doors have been wide open for two days and the screens have holes in them. Ahh...country life :) The garden has been burned off but not tilled yet. That will come after this week's rain. It's a full five days of early to bed early to rise for this old smartass before another day of piddle. Sometimes I feel a little sorry for people who have everything they need financially because it's so easy to forget about the value of simple things. I have a huge admiration for those who use their wealth to help others who are not as fortunate, even if there's not a tax break. I caught an interesting interview with a couple of senators on Tv this morning and it gave me hope that maybe there are those out there who can and will make a difference in Congress if only they'll let go of that stupid party stuff and think about the people who elect them. Why do we, as a nation, continue to re-hash the same issues over and over again and never fix them? Because somebody is making money. Take healthcare, for instance. The corruption and greed of insurance and pharmaceutical companies is enough to make Jesus as mad as when he flipped over those tables in the temple. I'm just saying.

There is all sorts of heavy machinery out here draining ponds and moving dirt and cutting trees preparing for crop '10. As the landscape and priorities change, so does my mood concerning living here. Times they are a'changing. I suppose it is a labor of love for my brother, and I think it makes him sad as well. See: don't own can't defend clause in the book of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment