Monday, March 8, 2010

making a mess to clean one up

That's pretty much the state of how we've worked on this house over the years, exploring attic and basement for historical treasures and tossing out the dirt as we go. There was probably fifty pounds of RABBIT feed in the attic when I first got here. If I had a nickel for every item I've chunked out that attic window sliding across the back roof, I wouldn't even need a sugardaddy. Finally, after twenty odd years, it's time to decide what things are worth keeping and what needs to go to the next firepile. Most of what's left is antique furniture in need of some TLC and gardening tools. My legacy :)

The first daffodil bloomed on it's very own yesterday afternoon and now there's a whole bouquet. It's nice to see people out walking the dog and such, shaking off winter like bears out of hibernation. On the drive home, I waved at the farmer on his tractor busting up the dirt and loving it. I bet they get really bored in the winter. I know I do.

Things are stabilizing...I can feel the spiritual strength that comes from knowing that others are praying for you and your family. And that...is something that all the money on Wall Street in China can't buy. Helps me to keep the faith. Here's a big shout-out to my cousin Debbie T who came in for a visit today. She says that reading about the lane just makes her happy. I know what she means.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment