Saturday, March 13, 2010

gloom and groom

It's overcast and cold again, a cruel reality following last week's spring teaser days. Being the "seize the moment" kind of gal that I am, it seems like a good opportunity to stay in jammies all day and play. There will be beer involved...and food. Other than that, maybe a movie or two. My brain needs a break from the real world, and my body needs some TLC in the form of total pampering with girlie things. It makes a world of difference in a smartass's attitude.

The on again off again roommate treated us to omelettes for breakfast, something that we will miss when he hits the road for work next week. BG is back from her business trip with lots of new ideas about how to make a difference, one life at a time. I love hearing about what she's learning, living vicariously through her out-of-the-box occupation while I slave away at the sawmill.

Tomorrow is breakfast at Mel's day and I picked up a little surprise for the precious waitress who remembers what we want without us telling her. She's never NOT been there, except for the one Sunday when she actually got to go to church instead of waiting tables. Mysterious ways, that Big Ernie.

I have not left the house all day, and do not intend to Lord willin' and the creek don't rise. If it does, I'll be the one you see paddling my own canoe through the swollen flood waters, keeping the faith as always ^j^

2 comments: