Tuesday, March 16, 2010

heard it in a love song

Thanks to the Marshall Tucker band for today's title, and to that crack headed drummer who plays the good stuff from my favorite station. Nah..just kidding. He's a good guy....really! I've seen his band in various stages of formation, and they get better with each and every cast change. Mostly they play biker bars in the parking lot or by the water during the summer.

If the sun doesn't shine soon, I just might have a caniption fit to beat all of 'em. Not that it will do any good, but I'll feel emotionally cleansed and whatnot. Never underestimate the power of healthy anger when carefully channeled toward whomever pisses me off first. And yes...I've taken my happy pill.

I won't bore you with the details but we're steady transitioning toward the next chapter and I'm kinda smack in the middle with kids leaving and parents aging. BG shared a video with me that she saw at her conference and I was interested to read about the drug traffic on I75 from Fla through GA to TN, KY and WV. Florida pain clinics and a straight shot on the interstate result in these three states having the highest abuse rate of prescription drugs for any in the nation. What an honor! The dealers buy them for a buck or two down there then come on up in OUR 'hood to sell them for big money. I don't know about ya'll, but that just makes me want to pop a cork.

Remind me sometime to tell you the one about the Nigerian prince. You'll love it.

(to be continued)

1 comment:

  1. That's just crazy. Funny I was just telling Shannon the other day about how my prescription Percocets a few years ago (which pharmacare pays all of) could have been sold on the black market for $10 per pill. Crazy stuff drugs are.

    ReplyDelete