Saturday, March 27, 2010

first time for everything


My friend/boss and I met her hubby over at Hog Heaven the other day for lunch. Soon as we walked in and got seated Nick came over to give me a big hug and socialize with us. Bossfriend's hubby declined on the hug because guys are funny like that sometimes, especially when out in public, bless their hearts. Nothing makes my soul melt faster than seeing people who love each other show it with no regard to what other folks think. I reckon that's the peace and love thing that is the basis of all of my beliefs about life in general and relationships in particular. I do so hate petty drama. There's enough of the real life kind to go around.

BG and I spent the majority of the day cleaning and watching the Lady Vols lose to Baylor. At least Pat got to lead the duck walk at the Peabody :) Lo and behold, mama and daddy drove up for a visit in their new car! It's really been tough for them being housebound and dependent on others for a lift here and there. The gator should solve a lot of the problems stemming from daddy's cabin fever. Mama had a scarf on, an attempt to save her doo for whatever she saves it for. Beats the heck out of me!

I was absolutely torn to pieces over this WVU and Kentucky matchup because I have loyalties to both teams by proxy. Here's a high five to my fairy blogmother and a consolation prize to my KY cousin who never gave a rat's butt about sports until she moved up there and started raising chickens and herbs in her spare time.

If I live to be a hundred, I may lose the dollar store list but I'll never forget the ones who were there for me when it counted most day in and day out. Hopefully the gator will still be running and we can play ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool way for them to get around the property still.

    ReplyDelete