Wednesday, November 4, 2020

road tripping

Well, I did the thing today and traveled to Memphis for a face to face with my surgeon.  He was as nice as I remembered him to be and answered all my questions plus some.  He will be requesting a  report from my last colonoscopy which was I don't know when but I know where it was and who did it.  If it's been too long, I have to do another one prior to scheduling the surgery and he explained why.  The entire staff was friendly and very efficient and aware of what a long haul it was for me to get there.  

My friend Patty took me and we listened all day to election results and swapped hospital stories.  Between the two of us we managed to navigate our way in and out of Memphis to the clinic.  It was a beautiful fall day with perfect weather.  When we got to around Covington my neighbor called and said there was a "strange" car parked in back behind mine.  Only I wasn't there, so we got the law involved to investigate.  By the time they got to the house, the car was gone.  We are keenly aware of activity on the lane that includes what is usual and what is not.  Bev knew she didn't recognize the car and dude had driven down to her house first and turned around.  Still don't know who it was and it was probably somebody who just "dropped by."  I don't do drop by very well.  She knows the cars that are usually around and nobody EVER parks in the back except for Mamye.  Patty waited outside until I had scoped out the house with my trusty Navy Seal knife.  No signs of theft or hatchet man.

I won't go into the election except to say that I am dismayed but not at all surprised.  I knew Trump wouldn't give up easy but what he's suggesting about cutting off the vote count before all of them are tallied is absurd.  Even the Republicans are dissing him for that.  

Y'all play nice and keep the faith.  Maybe we'll know who is President by Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment