Monday, November 2, 2020

on being pro-active

If you are like me, you took good health for granted when you were younger.  I did a lot of good things for myself like aerobics but I also did a lot of things that were detrimental to my health as I have aged.  Back in the day I walked 2.5 miles.  Now it wears me out to walk to the mail box.  I got off of sodas of all kinds several years ago and drink Propel.  I am now focused on eating plant based and gluten free.  

I visited my people at the Baptist Cancer clinic today to see about osteoporosis treatment.  That will require two injections a year of whatever drug my insurance covers.  First one is next week.  I don't want to end up like Mama with a hip fracture.  Speaking of Baptist, my appointment with the surgeon is on Wednesday in Memphis.  I'm praying there will be no election related road rage on that trip. I'm just ready for the whole thing to be over.  The POTUS who is sure he's gonna' win is having a non-scalable fence installed just in case.  Don't worry dude...democrats ain't gonna' climb that fence.  You are dead meat per the voters.  Anybody with an ounce of dignity would take it like a man and move on.  Happens all the time.  Like every four years.

Lauren asked me if it was too early to put up the Christmas tree and we laughed.  I said "honey, whatever makes you happy...go for it!"  She then decided that she was loving fall too much and will wait.  It was Mama's favorite season.

Y'all be blessed and keep the faith.  Let's all hold hands, virtually of course, and pray for better days ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment