Wednesday, November 11, 2020

air force brat

My daddy was in the Air Force during the Korean conflict and, in fact, had to put a hold on his agriculture education at UTM to serve his country. He was a supply man stationed at one time in the Azore Islands.  He never saw combat or even made officer, but he was proud as hell that he did what he thought was right for his country.  Of course that was before Vietnam and the draft.  Don't get me started on that.  I especially respect those soldiers because they had no choice.  

This morning was a busy one.  I visited with my dear friend for a while and Lord only knows when I'll see her again.  With all the parents gone for she and hub, the visits will be still often to wrap up things.  When I got home from a Kroger pickup, the girls were here and happy to see me.  Reaves and I played while Lauren went to the 'gentral and now they've headed over to see Heather and her family for a bit.  I'm finishing up laundry and chilling until they get back.  

I have this to say about masking.  I know a lot of people who have gotten sick because they were exposed to folks who all think it's a joke and an infringement on their rights.  To you I say this:  You are selfish and don't care about humanity.  Period.  I remember when I was in the hospital post-op and one day the hospitalist showed up in a mask.  This was pre-COVID and I asked him about it.  He told me he was sick with a cold and didn't want to give it to the patients and staff.  "How thoughtful and safe" I said to myself.  

Life is so short and before you know it things change and folks move on and you adapt.  Not that you ever really get OVER it, but ya' know that is the one constant in life.  A big circle of life and death.  Do not tell me that you are pro-life if you are not committed to helping feed, clothe and care for unplanned children, especially the immigrant ones who have been separated from their parents.  

I feel at peace with the world for the first time in a long time.  Whatever is to come is out of my control and in the hands of the Big Guy.  I keep turning it over time after time and I'm pretty quick  to give it back to God if I feel like I'm the one with all the answers.  I sleep better that way, ya' know?

Keep the faith and grab those moments of spontaneous joy when they come around.  I enjoy playing with Reaves just to experience the joy of childhood unscarred.  

Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment