Friday, November 27, 2020

complicated order

Lord have mercy y'all the saga of Poopie and the ACA is never ending.  In a nutshell, the problem was that I was notified that my policy which had a zero premium increased to 1350 as of January 2020.  I should have known that was a bad sign.  Anywho, during the period when I was trying to straighten that out I had the big emergency surgery and almost died.  My friend called the Marketplace immediately and an appeal was filed on my termination.  After six months of wrangling with them, I won the appeal.  HOWEVER, BC/BS terminated me as of Feb 1 before the appeal process was even underway.  They issued a new policy which was terminated when I won the appeal.  I just spoke with five different people at Blue Cross to try and figure out what the hell is going on.  Somehow all the bills are being kicked back to me and I don't know why.  I'm talking several thousand.  I'm "in the system" now and this will require a group effort by the Marketplace and Blue Cross to figure out how to make it right.  I'm so tired of dealing with this I could scream.  Considering that I am of somewhat sound mind and a healthcare professional, I feel really sorry for those who have no advocate to navigate the system.    Once again, I'm giving this one to God.  I have no assets to get so lawyer up if you want.  See you in court.  I've been there before.

Lauren slept a loooong time yesterday and about dusk I noticed her lights were on so I woke her up and damn....the battery was dead.  Luckily she had cables in her car and we were able to boost it off of the trusty old Camry.  We are always one calamity away from a catastrophe but we roll with it.  Strong woman gene, straight from Janice.

My Martha Stewartish cousin put us to shame with her huge spread and exquisite presentation.  She's good like that and never does anything halfway.  Years of catering served her well. I talked with Tommy yesterday and he had a little setback with his condition but luckily has a good doctor who is watching over things.  Seems he had a reaction to Bactrim after about four doses.  If it ain't one thing it's five.  

Y'all avoid those Black Friday crowds at all costs.  I didn't go anywhere except on a beer run to the chicken store.  Not one customer in the place had on a mask except me.  Even with a county mandate.  Geez man.  Get a grip.

So, we begin Advent this Sunday with hearts that are full of joy and grief all mixed together.  I love the season and the anticipation.  As a kid I used to have those calendars with thBee pop out chocolates and sometimes I cheated and moved to the next day!  I treasure the tradition of an advent wreath.  I used to attend Christmas Eve services back in the day and it was pretty magical to walk out of that church at midnight to Christmas morning.  

Bells will be ringing soon so carry extra cash and dump it in the red kettle.  The Salvation Army is dedicated to feeding and caring for those in need not just during the holidays but all year.  Tireless volunteers show up at the crack of dawn to cook breakfast and then start on lunch.  I have a box of food in my kitchen to deliver to our church food pantry.  The struggle is real y'all.

Be blessed and happy kids.  Don't let the pecans hit you in the head ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment