Friday, November 13, 2020

be a banger

Thanks to ummm...Tammy Howard I believe, I was introduced to a whole new world with these rappers turned music critics.  They are a recent phenom and their reactions to all the songs that I know and love are hilarious.  They act like they've never heard the song before and react with interruptions for humorous comment. That plus The Queen's Gambit have helped me to crawl out of the depths of despair once again.  

So, the election is officially over so there's no concession or transfer of power as of yet.  That does nothing but hurt our country.  Any Republican worth his or her salt would see that but very few have come forward.  I like Bernie's idea of a 2K stimulus and Medicare for all.  You could still choose to keep your employer sponsored insurance if you like but it's usually higher than 143 a month.  When I left work I was paying about 200 per month for an employer plan that left me with a lot of co-pays and deductibles.  And I was a healthcare veteran.  They will use you and toss you aside.  

I enjoyed my work for many years as a blood banker and laboratory generalist.  I used all the skills I obtained in college plus a few more that I learned along the way.  I'm not really sure how I was drawn to transfusion medicine except for the problem solving aspect of it.  Not only do you have to maintain adequate inventory but you gotta' make sure it's compatible without a doubt.  More than one of my co-workers was shaken when we went to IS crossmatches with a negative screen.  As for me, I was relieved.  It was double the work with no added benefits.  

Reaves is here for a brief visit and glued to the TV as usual.  We did dance and sing to the opening of Haunted House.  She is busy putting St Jude stickers all over the little statue of Gaga.  It's a ritual you know.  Thanksgiving is two weeks away and we plan on having a small family gathering at the cabin if all goes well.  There is no furniture so umm...we will figure that out.  

Peace and love to you and yours.  Keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment