Saturday, November 21, 2020

burn baby burn

In typical Tennessee fashion, I have a fire going in the front yard and the AC on.  I raked the leaves up all around the firepit so that I would not burn the whole place up.  Lotso' limbs out there.  I am ramping up to Move mode because it doesn't look like I'll be having surgery anytime soon.  Thank you COVID!  I was dreading it anyways.  Shit happens when you seek medical treatment.  I talked with my baby brother today and he is in the hospital for a UTI from being cathed during a minor medical procedure earlier in the week.  That makes all three of the Stafford kids in the hospital this year.  Lerd.

I ordered a cheap tree from Big Lots and will pick it up in the next few days.  The presents are all wrapped and ready to go under the tree.  Or somewhere in the vicinity of it.  We have to be careful with Ellie around.  She's liable to pick something up and run with it.  I have so many friends who are struggling right now with loss and grief.  I know my next hit is just around the corner but I don't dwell on it.  I trust God to keep me strong,

When I speak of God...the one true one...He/she is a loving soul who is tolerant of all beliefs even it they are not Christian.  Do not preach to me about being saved and whatnot.  I was baptized by a sprinkle when I was about 13 and went through confirmation. There were classes and everything  What does it mean to be Wesleyan?  Reason. Tradition. Spirit. The word.  

I have all the fixings for Thanksgiving so that's a go.  Bubba will bring a table and a few chairs and we shall feast in the new house.  I can't tell you how many times we made that happen before.  This will be different, and special.

Keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment