Saturday, November 7, 2020

and god made a farmer

I went to a funeral today for a man who has been a part of my life forever.  His crew has farmed this land for many many years and I got to see he and wife a few weeks ago at the end of 'mater picking season.  They were both well at the time but both got COVID and died a week apart.  This has put a huge strain on their son who is continuing his father's legacy.  Sort of like my brother has here on the farm.  We rode together and I signed us both in.  It was a large crowd for a graveside service and quite warm for November.  It was there that I found out that the election has been decided. I tried to restrain my joy and be in the moment honoring the Pritchett family.  My friends and neighbors were all there and I didn't recognize a lot of them because of the masks.  I do believe I hear the combines running in the distance as he would want.  Finish those beans while the weather is good.

I'm hungry but don't know what I want.  I had a late breakfast and a snack for lunch.  DoorDash is a rip off so I reckon I'll rustle something up from what I got.  Save that $$ to eat Mexicans with the girls tomorrow.  Or not.  I want Reaves to help me plant tulips at "gaga new house."  And get a picture of she and Lauren sitting in the middle of golden leaves like back in the day.  

Keep the faith and hold 'em close ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment