Wednesday, March 20, 2019

the word

Our church is holding weekly prayer sessions on Wednesday at noon during Lent at noon.  After making a couple of stops to visit Lorna at The Mill and buy a baby shower gift I headed for the chapel at FUMC.  There was a group of young women sitting together up front and I spotted the T-shirt right away on one of them containing the scripture from Luke 3:11 where John was replying to a question from the crowds who were there to be baptized about what they should do next.  " Whoever has two coats ( or shirts ) should share with anyone who has none and whoever has food should do likewise."  My eyes kept going back to that shirt and to our surprise the minister referenced that EXACT passage in his words.  This young lady was touched beyond belief knowing that she had that scripture on her back.  That's God in action right there.  There were numerous prayer requests, one by the minister for the congregation of St. Johns UMC on the loss of their beloved John Kilzer.  His death has hit a lot of people hard.  I will think of him and all the other saints who have gone before me during this Lenten season.  

My friend Carol is flying to Texas to see her brother tomorrow so we had a quiet goodbye lunch prior to her departure.  She was nervous as I would be.  Be safe chick....love ya!  The rest of our usual lunch bunch was otherwise occupied.  I even had leftovers for supper.  I love it when that happens.

The clock is ticking so to speak.  I just wish we knew what's coming but then nobody does but the one above.  Whatever it is, I feel sure it will be a test of faith.  

Rain is on the way *again* so the wheat is getting a good dose of something today.  Those ginormous sprayers are a sight to behold.  This place will be crawling with farm equipment until November. 

^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment