Monday, March 25, 2019

drunks and idiots

It has been said that the good Lord takes care of both.  Lately I have done my share of idiotic things none of which involved alcohol.  Everywhere I go I leave something like my purse or phone or keys.  Yesterday I stopped at the Dock where I'm called Mama by the owner Mike.  We were discussing the Holy Holy day for Hindus that was last week and he explained it's where they all run around and paint each other.  I paid with cash from an envelope in my purse and went on my merry way.  When I got home, the envelope was nowhere to be found.  I searched high and low and even walked the yard where I was working yesterday to see if it fell out of my pocket.  I tried to call the store and they were closed. I didn't have Mike's number because of the losing all my contacts thing.  It was a nice chunk of change and I assumed I dropped it in the store parking lot and somebody won the lottery without buying a ticket.

This morning I went up there and talked to the clerk who remembered me paying in cash and knew who came in right behind me.  She promised to tell Mike and to ask the customer after me if he saw anything.  As I was getting into my car I heard her calling my name as she ran across the parking lot.  Oh happy day!  I had left it on the counter and it was in Mike's office she just didn't know it.  I hugged that gal like she was my own child and thanked God all the way home.  Then I called Mike and thanked HIM.  I seriously need a keeper.  

Last night I shut all the blinds and doors with the intention of sleeping 'til noon yet I woke up around 8.  Ellie spent the night outside for a change so the bed wasn't as crowded as usual.  She's as big as a person and takes up a lot of room.  She's most definitely my "therapy" dog.  

Y'all have a great week and remember to love everybody, even the ones who make you mad.  ^j^






1 comment: