Thursday, March 28, 2019

opening day

All players, coaches, bats and mitts rejoiced as baseball season officially opened.  I'm not a huge fan because like football it moves kind of slow.  Basketball, on the other hand, is my thing especially during March Madness.  UT is still in the running set to play Purdue next.  That's your number 2 and number 3 seeds on the court together. Should be an interesting game.  The Vols barely won last week after losing a large lead and going into OT with Iowa.  It was nerve wracking!  

I had planned on a visit to Jackson tomorrow but decided to listen to my body which is bone tired.  I'm fortunate enough that I can keep up with Reaves via FB and phone but it's just not the same as being able to drop by.  We have almost zero time together with the 3 of us because when I go I stay with Reaves while Lauren does what has to be done.  I'm missing them more and more each day.  We're scouting out an affordable couple of days close to home where we can be together and make memories.

One thing that I have learned this holy season is that Lent is not always about giving something up.  Sometimes it can be incorporating ways of thinking and improving mankind.  Learning to be a servant, so to speak.  That's tricky for a CoD like me and I've learned the hard way about boundaries.  

I'm feeling sort of wistful right now half on the verge of tears and somewhat fatigued.  I've upped my physical activity a LOT so I suppose it's the winter to spring passage.  My Vitamin D is probably way low like everybody else's.  

The flip flopping in Washington continues as Trump vows to stop Betsy's cut to the Special Olympics.  That would be particularly unpopular and he doesn't need that right now.  It is time for her to follow the rest of them on out the door and get someone who has experience in public education.  As for the rest of it, one day at a time.

Rest easy dear ones ~



1 comment:

  1. PLAY BALL! :)
    My Tigers won; I am happy. Spring, it has arrived.

    ReplyDelete