Saturday, March 23, 2019

lab life

No, I'm not talking about that one I left behind at the hospital.  I'm speaking of the one and only perpetual puppy named Ellie.  I found one of my flip flops dangling in the azalea bush this morning.  Not a clue where the other one is!  I've been picking up sticks and limbs and burning as I go.  She drags them around on occasion and flips over the food and water bowls just for fun.  I wouldn't take a million bucks for her.  I found my limb cutters so it's time to get rid of the vines before they really take off.  One of my biggest enemies is trumpet vine.  It's a struggle to keep the Virginia creeper off the back porch.  

After a couple of years of straw bale gardening I've decided to change plans this year.  I would really like a raised bed but can't build one so I'll come up with plan B.  Last year nothing did well.  I didn't have a ripe tomato until August.  Strange weather and whatnot.  We discussed today about not planting until after Good Friday.  That sounds reasonable to me but I always jump the gun.  Not this year buddy.

I see the prez is (hiding out) playing golf at his Florida estate.  Hopefully he will give up tweeting for the weekend, but I doubt it.  Mueller's work is done.  It's up to Goodman...um, I mean Barr...to decide what comes next.  This can escalate pretty quickly to the SCOTUS and it will probably take that.  Bring it on.  I imagine there are a whole lot of booties on the line.  

The final super moon of the year has been glorious.  I woke up during the night with light filtering over my bed full of quilts and dogs.  It's what I imagine heaven would be like.  

Stay diligent for opportunities to do unto the least of these.  That's the whole lesson of life in a nutshell.  ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment