Sunday, March 24, 2019

flashback

I was a 14 old hippie wannabe when Woodstock happened yet it made a tremendous impact on me.  I'm not saying that I would have lasted 30 minutes in the crowd but it was a pivotal moment for me, especially regarding Vietnam.  Up to that point all I knew was what I saw on our black and white TV but this festival brought my attention to what we were fighting for.  Which was nothing.  I was at Cracker Barrel today and surrounded by all that beautiful fru fru stuff, I chose a Woodstock  t-shirt.  Old hippies never die.  

I spent a big chunk of time yesterday working in the yard.  I usually stay on top of the limbs even in winter but there are still plenty to put on the pile.  I stopped by a baby shower for my cousin's daughter in law this afternoon and got to hug some necks I haven't seen in a very long time.  

Still waiting to see what Barr is going to do with this massive two years worth of investigation.  There are not expected to be additional indictments in the report itself, but the work is continuing with Mueller's team.  It should be interesting.  

If it bleeds it leads as they say in the new business.  I am so not that kind of writer.  That's why I choose to share myself with a select few because it's not a "job."  The late Sue Dean Johnson gave me a book years ago entitled "Meet the Methodists" which is a cool history of how the UMC grew out of the Church of England.  One of the early names for one of those many groups and societies was Bible Moths.  Small world.

Y'all keep doing what you're doing if it makes you happy.  If not, change your outlook and manifest peace ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment