Friday, March 22, 2019

the lent he needed

I have followed author Chuck Sigars for years and he, in fact, has been one of my mentors though he probably doesn't know it.  His style of writing is pretty similar to mine in that we take a thought and run with it allowing little bits and pieces of our lives to be shared.  In his blog today he outlined the challenges that his family is facing right now, not that they have been short on them in the past.  He finds himself in a sea of doubt while trying to do the next right thing and setting boundaries.  That is a very tough thing to do.   

One of the things that any good blogger will do is to refrain from regular ranting and whining.  People don't want to read that shit.  What they really want is that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with looking into somebody else's soul when it's at peace and even when it's not.  March 7th marked my one year anniversary as a retired employee of corporate healthcare.  It has take me an entire year to scramble around, sleep for days on end and start to spread  my wings.  I was worn out physically and emotionally.  

When I think about the miracles of the past few years I remember just asking God to take it.  And you know what?  He certainly did.  Or She.  The way things are going for the government and us there's more chaos to come.  You think that's what hell is like maybe?  All bickering and anger and throwing into the fiery pits.  

I was having a conversation the other day with someone about whether the people in heaven can see what we're doing.  I never thought about it but she said " why would they would want to see how we're suffering!?

Lent is to Easter as is Advent to Christmas.  Seasons of anticipation and believing that there is a loving God.  Paraphrasing the words of the late John Kilzer " I'm gonna love you and ain't nothing you can do about it!"

^j^

1 comment:

  1. If it's a person's desire, I believe they do check in on us Earthlings.

    ReplyDelete