Tuesday, March 19, 2019

the odd couple

I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine what the marriage of George and Kellyanne Conway must be like.  Of course she is presidential adviser and he's not one to mince words about her boss.  For those of you who do not know the traits of narcissistic personality it goes something like this, in no particular order.

They:  Have a sense of entitlement.
            Expect to be admired.
            Exaggerate their life.
            Believe they are superior.
            Take advantage of others and lack empthy.
            Demean, intimidate and bully others.
            Need to be controlling.
            Strive for perfection.
            Lack accountability and blame others.
            Lack boundaries.

Now this little mini-list of personality traits can be found in many and I've known a lot of people with this disorder.  That's why I could name you at the very minimum two Trump actions to support each of the ten.   His sense of grandiosity is disgusting and in fact drives everyone away from him except for the rag tag bunch of nationalists that feed off his dangerous personality.  When that asshat showed up in court with MAGA written on his hand I about lost it.  Some way, somehow we have to bond together to stop the madness.  I don't hate Trump because I think he can't help it. It's a mental disorder and his base didn't pick up on that until way after the election.  Each day that passes it gets worse.  I wish Twitter would just ban him.

I don't argue with his supporters anymore.  At all.  Doing so brought out a side of me that I didn't like so I changed my behavior.  That's about all any of us can do when something is too absurd to deal with.  Set a boundary and don't cross it.  If you do, jump back behind that line in the sand and remember who you are. 

I've been reading a book today about women who have been abused both physically and mentally and got caught up in the never ending cycles of jail and addiction.  Most of them have periods of getting clean and keeping the demons at bay only to crumble when some life altering experience sent them back to the bottom.  I pretty much think that if you're open to what God's timing is, you know when to let it go and trust Him.

Thanks to a message from a friend I was able to watch the home going service yesterday for John Kilzer.  It was an inspirational tribute to a man who was loved by many and the music was just his style.  The senior pastor ended it by singing "Hey Jude" with the congregation.  I know John was smiling down on this group of mourners.

The dogs and I went for a walk this afternoon and it was lovely.  The winter wheat makes a beautiful backdrop for their coloring, especially Ellie's chocolate brown.  

Don't worry.  Be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment