Saturday, March 16, 2019

the spirit

I didn't want to, but I hit up Kroger for the big load today.  It should last at least a month with just me.  I miss cooking but don't shop often preferring to keep certain staples and splurge now and then on good stuff.  To my complete surprise the bag person pulled out these nifty canvas ones with REAL handles.  There was no charge for them and since I had so much I came home with five of them.  I will definitely use them again.  In a perfect world there would be no plastic but then what would people line their small trash cans with ???

There was a brief visit at the funeral home to give my high school buddy a hug on the passing of his mother.  I didn't know a soul but him and it took me awhile to spot him in the crowd! Ironically, he is in the music industry as well so there's another piece of the puzzle.  

I usually work all weekend so I haven't been available to help out with fund raising for The Damascus Project, a local recovery ministry for men.  They are raising money to complete a 16 bed residential men's facility and construction has already begun.  A benefactor donated a beautiful Jaguar for which a drawing will be held in the next few weeks.  There is currently no inpatient facility for males in our town.  The jail re-entry program is ramping up on their's women's program so there's that to be grateful for.

It takes all kinds to affect change.  We are all addicted to something whether it be chemical or behavioral.  That's why I try to hold on to humility.

^j^  

No comments:

Post a Comment