Sunday, July 28, 2024

grounded

Well, I knew it would happen.  My brake lights have been on for 2 days straight and I was able to get out yesterday but....this morning?  Dead as a doornail.  My mechanic has tried two different brake light switches and neither of them worked.  Sooo..it sounds like an electrical problem.  I am hoping they can fix it without a lot of cost.  Maybe a fuse or two?  Let us pray ^j^

I talked to Roe's foster just now and let her know I have not jumped ship on her adoption.  The puppies are walking and barking like crazy according to her.  I watched church online but it's not like being there in person.  But when you are stuck at home you make do.  Being grounded doesn't really bother me but other people count on me for transportation and that is frustrating.

We are "enjoying" lower temps and high humidity but that will all change this week when it heads back into the mid 90s.  Summer is not nearly over with two records broken in the past week for the hottest days ever globally.  I do pre-pay electric with Forked Deer Electric and put extra money on the books in anticipation of the hot weather to come.  

If I were smart, I would use this time to clean the house but, nah.  It is what it is I am feeling lucky to just maintain.  I started getting sick on Friday and yesterday was horrible.  Benadryl is my BFF.  For some reason allergens are out the wazoo this year and it's affecting everybody in a bad way.  

I am thinking about my mother and her love for the Olympics these days.  She looked forward to the events always and was glued to the TV.  I don't have "real" TV but I've been watching on news sites.  It beats seeing about Trump's rants as breaking news.  As a Democrat, I feel relieved and a bit excited about Kamala Harris running.  Of course DJT is afraid to debate with her except on FOX not those filthy mainstream networks.  I call BS.

Still getting used to these new uppers and it's a challenge.  Most of life is challenging right now to be honest.  I am faithful enough to believe that this too shall pass if I just leave room for the spirit to work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment