Friday, July 19, 2019

plan C

My intention was to head to Jackson early this morning but I was afraid to go without getting that grinding checked out with the brakes.  200 bucks and 2 hours later it was done.  Little by little I'm getting that trusty old thing back into shape.  With only 143K miles on a Toyota motor it should have lots of life left.  Hopefully.

A dear friend to many passed away this morning and though I knew it was coming, it was a crushing blow.  Not only did I spend a lot of time with her recently but I've been a friend of the family my entire life.  I could tell you stories but I won't.  Me and her kids were thick as thieves back in the day.  And we had fun!

I'm broke as a  joke due to the unexpected car repair but that's okay.  I've been there before many times and karma always treats me well in times of need.  You know that emergency fund all the financial experts advise?  I've never had that.  Fortunately I had the minimum balance in savings to cover half the cost.  

My house is a wreck because I've been coming and going so much.  I should learn organizational skills from my dear daughter but I'm afraid it's too late to change at this point!  Right now I just feel like letting the tears flow.  Pass the kleenex.

Love one another ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment