Friday, July 12, 2019

a reason to be

Lately I have found myself coming and going in a lot of different directions.  The whole point of retirement was to give my body the rest it needed to recover from that bad shoulder injury.  When push came to shove I began to work because I had to in order to make ends meet.  It's amazing to me the number of folks who just keep on doing what they're doing even when they're not able.  A lot of people enjoy work.  Keeps them "busy".  At this point in my life, I'm all about seizing the day and its' happy moments.  I will do what I have to do in order to survive.  

I'm on the first of three days off so I managed a Kroger run and a stop at PetCetera for flea and tick chews.  Can't be sleeping with three dogs if they're crawling with critters.  It's quiet here now and I can hear them snoring.  My thoughts are with the folks on the Gulf Coast as they deal with way too much water.  I know that feeling, though not at that magnitude.  Flood stage for the Mississippi at Caruthersville is about 30ish but in flat ass Louisiana it's about 17?  And then here comes the hurricane.  Slow moving mofo.  

Since I'm stuck with the trusty Camry for another year I got the oil changed ( on time ) and scouted prices for a tuneup.  Now that you can't hear me coming a mile away I'm inspired to drive that thing until the wheels fall off.  The guys at the oil change place told me about some girl who came in and hadn't had her oil changed for 3 years.  They couldn't even get the crap out because it was a solid mass.  

I am fortunate enough to be in a position to see my grandchild almost every day through somebody's FB pics.  She is beautiful and feisty.  Has the spirit of a warrior woman like the rest of her tribe.  One of the things I've picked back up is reading.  It's a total escape without all the bells and whistles of today's technology.  

Peace and love to all y'all and your mama'n'them.

No comments:

Post a Comment