Saturday, July 26, 2014

roll with it, baby

I was set to have lunch with friends today but the car was out of pocket and I'm broke so I made the executive decision to stay home. Following a 12 hour coma I woke to the giggles and squeals that are sweet Babyman when he first rises. He has a wakeup routine that always includes movie time with Scrat or some other character he loves. Dude has learned the wonder of "boookk" read out loud to him and he can even read to himself only you can't understand his words They're excited about their new home and next chapter of their lives. It won't be easy, but nothing worth having ever is.

It wasn't long before the reason for my decision became apparent. BG was at group in my car because the Cadi is dead as a doornail. They can't have phones there so I called the main number to get her hauled out so we could go check on Mama who suddenly decided that she needed to go to Urgent Care because she "can't walk." Nothing new, except with the aid of a walker and baby steps. Both knees are swollen as the norm and she was a hot mess of tears. I called Home Health on my way and poor nurse was way out in the boonies somewhere with poor reception so I iced the knee down and we shall see if further action is needed after her visit. Daddy was a mess as well with wet britches which he blamed on the water hose but I know better. There was an aroma that is distinct, especially to those in my profession. Ms.Faye is too old and too tired to keep up her vigil anymore so I think it's about time for PlanB whatever the hell that is. That one, I'm leaving up to Big Ernie. Lord knows it's out of my hands already.

Without anti-inflammatory meds the shoulder is telling me that indeed the surgery is necessary and I've only been able to keep up with the pace by medicating and keeping my head down and toward the goal of making it 'til a fix can be had, which is Tuesday. There will be even worse pain after but I'm expecting the worst so if it's badder than that, I'm screwed. Being put to sleep has never much bothered me because I'm not much into control these days. The way I see it I'll just go with the flow and respond to whatever comes next. That's a mixture of faith and fatigue speaking the truth.

Which is, of course, how I roll^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment