Monday, July 7, 2014

monday bloody monday

Ayeppers...it was a real charming piece of crap all day long. The sawmill wasn't too bad after I put a nice huge dent in the "good" side of the Camry meaning no battle scars. Some asshat at the gas station/chicken store parked sideways behind me in a blind spot. I got out and saw just a scrape on his huge ass bumper so I went on to work not realizing yet that my vehicle just started looking a little more ghetto, if that's possible. If my mama could have seen it back in the days after Tara dropped the window and we had plastic wrap for months, she would have died of humiliation. Sometimes blessings are disguised, no?

I noticed last night that the bathroom was draining slowly and that trend continued today with an overflow that took every towel in the house. Since BG was here she got stuck with the cleanup and it's still looking funky while we wait for the "handy man" who has a kazillion other jobs. He will determine if it's plumbing or septic tank and act accordingly. So anywho, BG was down at Mom and Daddy's taking a shower and called me on the way home to take a look at his eye. Matted and infected and running, that lid didn't blink and there was a lot of tearing. Red eyeball. Ornery ass old man. I suggested that I could make a doctor's appointment for tomorrow and then he started the cussing and I'm not going any damn where because you can't make me. Alrighty then, I said. It's your life. And I walked out the door and called their doctor AND home health. Daddy left the ER AMA last time he was there and facing admission so I know this is gonna' be a difficult time. Mom wants his meds "adjusted" but I think it's gonna take a big dose of knock his ass out and go away for a bit.

It's hot as hell again which I suppose is normal for July but it still wears my old ass out. One of my co-workers returned to work today after a leave of absence for surgery and dude got more hugs in one hour than I've had in a year. I can always count on Charlie B for one, no matter what. So far, we haven't had a ripe tomato of even a fried green one for that matter. Life just seems to get in the way of fun stuff on occasion.

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment