Friday, July 18, 2014

innocents abroad

WWIII is rumbling louder by the day and I'm trying not to be alarmed but damn. What kind of idiot shoots down a passenger plane or teenage boys on the beach? One who is doing the devil's work, that's who! Violence and war beget hatred and intolerance and are fueled by greed and self importance. There's really nothing to do at this point to do but pray for peace. Not necessarily "world peace" because we all know that ain't gonna' happen. Maybe just peace for a day, or at least a ceasefire that lasts longer than 24 hours. Or maybe we're just all gonna hold hands and go to Armageddon. I don't have a clue, but I'll go kicking and screaming and trying to fight for justice and equality. Jesus would like that, I think.

I'm rounding up the neighbors for a meet'n'greet with Miss Mary and Juanita tomorrow. Another neighbor's mama died and her funeral is at 10 so we'll have to juggle the schedule a bit. Plus there's the recliner moving deal that needs to happen sooner rather than later the night before surgery. Wayne and Gigi are gonna' help with that. I'm really REALLY dreading this whole thing but I know that if I don't do it I'll be worthless. I talked to an old friend from the profession while he was on the way to work today and told him what ails me at the moment. He didn't have any answers but was a good listener on all levels. We talked about options and realities and honestly it was good just to be heard in a non-threatening way. Free therapy!

Batteries are charging for the Leica right now and there will be pictures of the gathering tomorrow, ya'll hide and watch. Maybe even some of Boogs for your viewing pleasure. I've been way too tired and broken to try and capture a moment lately. Hopefully, this too shall pass.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment