Monday, July 28, 2014

back to the future

As the universe would have it, my old friend JR called today to check on a life alert bracelet for his mama which is something I know nothing about. That's a doctor's office thing. All I know is how to make sure the blood supply look good for out little 'burg and outsource anything that's out of our league. I've done it for almost 40 years and seen a lot of changes. As far as blood goes West Tennessee Regional Blood Center aka Lifeline Blood Services has been a great steward of the precious resource that only 5% of the population will take time out to share. I seriously cannot tell you how many lives have been saved with that precious gift. I've seen many in my career. Fennie was one of the first sickle cell patients that I became acquainted with during my time at the hematology/oncology center. She would also show up in the ER quite frequently with yellow eyes and a low H&H. She lived over in the west side across the tracks and I picked her up one evening for a meal with local blood donors. She cried and so did Mr.Harold. He had leukemia and needed multiple transfusions at the end sort of my like my Uncle Jimbo who was A negative and had HLA reactions to his platelets. That's a horrible way to stay alive, if you know what I mean.

I'm off for awhile and going under the knife tomorrow to fix this clusterfuck of a shoulder. There are promises of gourmet meals from my favorite cousin and a few others. All in all, I know that Big Ernie has my back (and shoulder) and pray that I don't get MRSA. Next to Ebola, that's about the next bad thing. As for me, I'm looking forward to some Aleve post-op as long as I don't bleed to death from that dose of ibuprofen on Saturday. I seem to be not too much of a cardiac risk so there ya' go. Aerobics DID pay off! Right now most of my joints pop and groan with arthritis from years of being a good girl. Highly overrated if you ask me.

I am purposely avoiding the news because it cuts into my happy place. I gave up on believing in the USA when Dubya et al invaded Iraq. War is hell, and it's also about money for defense contractors. The first time I saw the crispy critters hanging on the bridge at Fallujah I knew it was bad for us and everybody involved. All about the oil and the barons, so to speak. Meanwhile, the fracking continues in our country with most people oblivious to the consequences. Here's a true story for ya...My friend Lorna got poisoned by a couple of assholes on a spray-rig during a windy day. As she tells it, they ran her down when she was asking them not to. Some really good attorney with a conscience could take that on and improve all the lives there. Or not. Ya'll call BG with all requests for status updates and or meal requests.

Poops is outta' here until I learn to type with my left hand ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment