Monday, February 18, 2013

'tween then and now

Long story short is that the past two weeks have been enough to kill a much less smart and tough ass than my humble self. Mama went to the hospital last week and got admitted to a skilled NF yesterday. Something told me I might need to day off so TinaBelle offered to swap a day with me so we could TCB. About noon yesterday she began to rant on everybody and everything she has ever served or tried to influence. One of the ministries of our local UMC is homebound communion service delivered by volunteers following the blessing of those sacraments at the altar. I called the church today to see if there was a minister available but they were all out of town. Even hit up the Halls/Lebanon circuit.

Mama's roommate is Miss Lula who just had a hip replacement and is doing fine. BG flew to Subway to get Lula a chicken sammich with all the trimmings. Mostly it's been a long day what with mama communicating with her childhood friends and deceased family members. Since yesterday, she's not recognized anybody except her beloved L.P so far. There was a very serious but impromptu medical conference this afternoon concerning end of life care and options. Time will tell. Mom has been telling anybody and everybody what's on her mind which is good therapy for a habitual nice girl. The activities director cornered me with the 1-5 chart on how important everything is in her little world. At this point, I'd say nothing but an audience.

Daddy's kinda pitiful and I saw him cry for time # 3 today when she didn't know who he is. I'm thinking there's another bro headed this way so that we can experience our reality. Fortunately for me, my co-workers care enough for me to cover a couple of days for us to see what's up. Before I went to the nursing home this morning, we headed toward Roellen to pick up a friend for group. Cute as as a bug ya'll. BG and I spent a large part of this day with mama, helping her to have comfy jammies and know that she's loved. Both of us crawled up in her bed at one point. Miss Faye brought Daddy this morning when she was so upset and ranting like a maniac. We prayed together, all of our hands stacked on top of each other on her chest. Faith in healing.

Leave room for the spirit to work ^j^

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Janie. Sending hugs for you and BG. Prayers for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in my heart. I have a special, unplanned and not necessarily wanted special appreciation for this particular family way. Keep the faith, girl. <3

    ReplyDelete