Tuesday, February 26, 2013

take another little piece of my heart

Karma has been kind of wishy washy of late, blessing us with a much improved Memaw and stirring up trouble with the old devil. It's like being in a windstorm trying to stand up and go forward yet getting blown two steps back. Against the wind, so to speak. The winds that are blowing right now are of change as we adapt to the new normal for my parents. Exactly what this is remains to be seen...it changes day by day. We had a full blown disagreement at the nursing home today over who is gonna wash her clothes. She kept wanting to add a step to "save me time" by having them taken to Ms. Faye. *sigh* Still running the world from her command central! Daddy and I read the paper to her and some cards from friends. She turned up her nose at lunch but ate it anyway. Just like Gaga, ya'll.

This is the grayest February ever on record I do believe. We had more t'storms last night and it's raining again. I had to go rescue most of the puppies from the flower bed where they were huddled and shivering. They're getting used to the crate as a bed and beginning to eat soft food. I feel guilty about the whole dog situation here because what started as some healthy well fed and cared for animals has come down to this. I didn't do right by Faith or by Ryder letting them get pregnant. Daddy says the white great dane shows up at his house too, just gazing and taking it all in. I'm thinking that there's some secret society of canines that know this house is a sweet spot...like a doggie hotel with a barn and horse. And the bitch cat, of course.

These are first days off I'd have "off" in a long stretch so it's piddle and rest time. Unfortunately, and right on target for my luck, the sound has gone out in the ancient Dell. Probably the card seeing as how it's 8 years old. At this point, I don't care. There's always radio. The house is a bit straighter and somewhat cleaner except for puppy stuff in the room we never use so I reckon that's the nursery. Used to be our living room back in the day. I was talking to the contractor who's exploring plumbing in that ancient 1918 basement and told him that the pipes were probably circa fifties or so. That's when the Councils lived here. The Mrs. planted lots of perennials that I continue to enjoy to this day. I've added my own stuff, and FINALLY burned off the asparagus bed day before yesterday. How's that for procrastination.

Our friend who is pregnant as a goose has been spending time here as we wait for the birth of her baby boy. I watched her with the puppies this morning and could tell how good a mom she is. Lola had her first taste of canned delight and immediately fell in love. Now maybe Ryder can get some rest and gain weight! I feel the presence of a whole lot of folks who are faithfully praying for my family and that is a real comfort. Guidance and compassion are all I ever really expect.

Keepin' the faith j^




2 comments:

  1. First, add a Paypal button or TinyPass. You're a consistent blogger and bring us into your community, and I for one would be thrilled to pass extra cash your way for expenses. Of all people, I think, you could use some money love. Think about it.

    I also have an hP laptop, running XP, that seems fine except the screen got done run over by a car in a parking lot. It still works with an external monitor and it's just gathering dust. Let me know if you're interested.
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the grey-ness of this February. It feels like walking through a loooooooong, dark tunnel. The good news is, spring is coming, and with it the light and warmth of sun.

    Hold on, girlie.

    ReplyDelete