Tuesday, February 12, 2013

eyes barely open

Okay then. The puppies will be two weeks old tomorrow and have opened their widdle bitty eyes to this big old world and are crawling around like crazy on wobbly legs. So freakin' cute! HOWEVER...our budget is already stretched so thin you can see through it so they must find homes. Soon. There will be pictures and lots of puppy pimping up here on the hill. If all else fails I'll drive to no kill shelters in our area and farm them out. BG wants to keep one she's named Lola but I dunno. That would put us back at four and it's been kind of nice with a smaller herd. We shall see. Next on the agenda is a spay for Ryder and for Lola if she stays. I'm gonna need a sugardaddy just to pay for my dogs!

Our TV is one of those old school models that has a big screen BUT weighs 200 lbs. It has only been moved once and there were almost injuries. Night before last said dinosaur of electronics gave up the ghost and called it quits. I bought it for 75 bucks from my cousin five years ago so I've definitely gotten my $$ worth out of it. I could have used the "divorce" TV that came from my friend's garage when I lost custody of mine. However, I got tired of looking at it sitting around so it's in the junk pile out back. Warm weather will give us an opportunity to finally clean it up after years of scrapping and earth moving. My yard will shrink a little to allow for a few extra rows of beans which is totally fine. I am finally to the point that caring for a big yard is a chore and not a pleasure. That's sad too, because it's always been a passion for me. One summer, post divorce, I cut the whole two acres with a push mower and never got completely done until first frost. Stayed pretty thin though!

Ya'll bear with me on this one because I don't mean to be disrespectful but sometimes you just have to laugh about it. Mom called me yesterday wanting to know how much a laptop or tablet would cost. Seeing as how she's blind and all I asked why. "For your daddy" she said. I about lost it right there ya'll. This is a man who has killed multiple cell phones jamming the chargers in ass backwards. He has very little patience with anything other than watching Gunsmoke so I said I didn't think he could manage it. "But he misses that sooo much and it would give him something to keep him occupied." Oh, lordy. She remembers back to the time when they were both online in the early days of dialup. He did ancestry stuff and she made cards. They both faithfully listened to my baby brother's weather forecast. It seems like a hundred years ago that they were independent and thriving. Caring for them has given me a new perspective on how I will act when the time comes to hand over my life.

With Debbie still on my mind, I just remembered my favorite memory ever when she took me to see Phantom at The Grand in St.Louis. Jimbo had just died and we had two boys with us when the snowstorm commenced and I begged her to pull over and spend the night. What fun we had,lol. Among the kids was their exchange student, of which they had several. My least favorite was a spoiled rotten ass from Russia who spent all his money on Levis. She chastised me for not remembering that her youngest was at home with his daddy.

I didn't have time to check the weather yet but somebody at work said "snow" and I cringed. The funny thing about hospitals and snow is this, though. When the weather is nasty bad, you find out who REALLY needs medical attention. The revolving door people stay home at home doing whatever they do when they're not visiting us taking up valuable time and resources to feed an addiction. That is true of every hospital in America and the only way out of the dilemma is to cut it off where it starts....at the doctor's office. A lot of futile end of life care could be avoided by honest conversations too but physicians are afraid to tell patients and families that there's nothing more to be done humanely. Do no harm, ya'll.

Happy Fat Tuesday and a very reflective Lenten season to you and yours ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment