Sunday, April 12, 2009

flowering crosses and road trippin' dogs


Happy Easter to ya'll and yours. We're out of the loop on egg hunting so me the fam had our eggs done by Perkins just the way we like 'em. There was a time when I thought that people who did that were pitiful and had no family. Now I realize the importance of just getting together for a meal that nobody has to slave over. Back in the day Easter with our family was always a gathering that had a menu looking something like this: pork or turkey, asparagus casserole, deviled eggs and some sort of fresh veggies like butterbens or purple hull peas. And homemade rolls. And pie.

There's another big line of storms moving in as I type which means the internets will go out for the duration.

Catch up with you later.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing I just ate, because even just reading the words homemade rolls made my mouth start watering. I love home made bread, rolls, buns, sweet rolls, mmmmmm.....
    Love the picture of the dog.
    Happy Easter, hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girl, thank you for showing us that Faith is still alive, well, and isn't running off. This is the first time you've done the dogs since the new blog that I can find. I was missing her and BB.
    I have a 36-year old son-in-law who lost his job three plus years ago to a do-it-cheaper-in-India bit. He hasn't been able to match that lost job since and works temp right now.
    Keep the faith,
    ..

    ReplyDelete