Wednesday, June 1, 2022

animal house

Believe it or not, all three critters slept inside last night and nobody pooped.  Sophie slept with me until I put her out for wanting to play at 3AM.  Cali took over the couch and Oscar just lays down any old where as long as it's beside me.  


We had a small line of thunderstorms today which freshened things up a bit.  It's only June and I'm tired of dragging hoses.  I think most of my transplanted flowers will make it and there is a stargazer clump that I planted last year.  It will probably bloom in a few weeks.  The scent of that is like a French whorehouse.  I plan to go pick a magnolia bloom at Ms. Polly's tomorrow.  Her exact words to me were "you know they only last for a day...."  But for one day the smell of the air is sweet.  I told Ms. Joy about how my Mama planned a party and was going to use those orange day lilies as decoration.  She was mortified when they all shut down at sunset.

Let's all give a high five with the president of Ukraine.  It is his country and his people who are fighting for their lives.  This period will go down as Russia's most evil intervention militarily.  No regard for civilians and intentional bombing of hospitals?  War crimes.  To think that these people are fleeing violence holding onto each other chills my soul.  

My biggest decision this evening is what to do with a whole bunch of chicken that's already thawed out.  There will be some pounding, I'm sure.  That's good therapy, ya' know.  My old blog friend Karen passed away recently and another couple of blog buddies passed on her obituary.  Back in the day of blogrolls we visited each other daily and always commented.  There are sooooo many of them that I have never met but know all about.  That is the magic of being a blogger.

I had a dream the other night about a deceased classmate that I dearly loved from about the age of 14.  I don't remember the circumstances but when he left he kissed me on the cheek and said "I'll see you when it's time."  It was surreal. Our mothers were best friends in high school and she later told me that Ms Anne was always so kind like Mom was.  They played bridge together over the years and I worked with her husband at the hospital.  That was when physicians came to see their patients on daily rounds.  There were a bunch of 'em!  That primary care group is now operated by WTH and has one GP who could drop dead at any minute.  I adore the staff there because I know all of them.  Because I'm old and go to the doctor a lot!

Hang on.  It's humpday^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment