Wednesday, June 22, 2022

on the second day of summer my true love gave to me.....

A hundred freaking degrees!  We are in our second week of unseasonably hot weather and it's about to drag everybody down.  At this point we are praying for pop up showers.  I have already noticed the impact of watering the garden on my bill but I'll be damned if I'm going to let it die after all the work I've put in.  

I fancy myself to be a good cook like my Mama was but I struggle with the space in that kitchen just like she did.  Bubba gave me some grain fed beef yesterday and I cooked the ribeye and dropped the sirloin in the crock pot for steak and gravy.  The difference in the taste is amazing.  I brought Rosie in for the night because I'm sick of this mouse leaving turds everywhere and she knows what to do.  I won't stop her this time.  Bye bye Mr. Jingles.

I suppose I am used to coming home to an empty messy house surrounded by crops.  I've done it most of my life here.  I do miss Lauren's cooking and cleaning skills because she is OCD about neatness and sanitation..

Pardon me while I go enjoy the rain ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment