Thursday, June 23, 2022

a stacked deck

SCOTUS has their dance card full what with all these important cases on the table.  They decided it was not cool for citizens to sue an arresting officer because of Miranda. I'm okay with that unless it's me.  I wouldn't be able to afford a lawyer for the suit so there ya' go.  Any competent cop knows to do that...it's part of their drill.  If there is no body cam footage to prove it, it's their word against the detainee.  Nobody will ever enter my house without a warrant and if arrested I will call my lawyer right then and there while they read Miranda.

The hearings are fascinating in a historical way.  I don't think this has ever happened in US history.  The witnesses are carefully selected and honest.  They are all suffering for their involvement with Trump yet they speak about constitutional law first and foremost.  I say yay for Liz for conducting these hearings and it sounds like new evidence may be forthcoming from a documentary film maker.  That would be sweet.  In the end, what will happen with a strong GOP who still believes the election was stolen and follow the orange one.  It gives me hope that this is a bi-partisan effort to get at what really happened and why.

There's bush hogging going on all around me to prepare for bean season.  I reckon this is where I find out where my yard ends!  Mayberry has been mowing where they think it stops.  I need more mulch and it should be cheaper now so that's my next purchase on a big payday.  At lowe's, where they load it for you. I'm pulling Bermuda daily from the 'mater and squash bed and extending mulch around the transplanted flowers.  Eventually with all these rocks laying around I'll get it done.

Y'all have a happy ladies night ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment