Monday, June 27, 2022

recovery day

Thanks for all the well wishes on my recent fall.  Of course I'm more sore on day 2 so I'm grateful to be at home chillaxing.  I took the opportunity to chat with my baby brother this morning which is a rarity.  He was at the bay and away from the distractions of real life....just he and his daughter.  We talked about every little thing from corporate greed to politics.  I mentioned to him my support for a guy who is running against the incumbent sheriff and we went down memory lane to when he ran for Dyer County sheriff in 1990ish.  He was facing an incumbent but had six others running against him too which split the vote terribly.  Otherwise, he would have won by a landslide.  Even at that, he came within 300 votes of beating Robert Willard.  That's pretty amazing for a young guy.  At his age now, he said he wouldn't do it on a dare.

The irrigation systems are going out here because this weekend's sparse rain just wasn't enough.  I'll still have to water the garden and flowers.  I just learned that there will be a special session of the January 6th commission tomorrow so I can't wait to see what's up there.  New witness who has not been identified. I would bet it's the guy who made the documentary.  

Y'all stay happy  and healthy and watch your step.  I've noticed that with age comes a loss of balance which is pretty dangerous.  Dr Algee told me years ago that falls are the leading cause of death in the elderly.  Go figure.  No scatter rugs.  

Peace out and keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment