Friday, June 3, 2022

walkin' the yard

Mayberry's crew came and did my yard today and it's so nice to gaze out and walk around without fear of snakes!  Today was the annual cutting of the dead buttercups and surprise lilies.  I walked out toward the main yard box and the squash looks good plus a couple of tomato plants.  In the raised bed I have a baby pepper.  My gardening strategy has become one focusing on perennials.  Sure I've got to have my annuals for color but those that come back never disappoint.  It's so much fun to pick out what's what when they're coming up and remember from whence they came.  Just about all of the perennials I have are gifts from other people.

I watched CBS news today because Kelly was pre-empted by tennis.  Like I care.  I caught Navarro's press and was aghast that this man is so out of touch.  That's scary stuff.  Still referring to Trump as the President.  It looks pretty clear to me that the DOJ is hard at work and this won't go away.  At least I hope not.

It looks like a good weekend to swim and it may just be me and Lauren, which is nice.  Reaves is fun but being the dolphin gets tiring for Mama and Gaga.  She has this cool little floatie vest thing and is getting used to the fact that she won't sink. 

My mother and daddy were faithful tithers until the end of their lives giving above and beyond the sacred number 10.  I tend to be one of those who pledge something for the year and put the cash in the plate or write a check.  Plus you gotta have extra cash for the communion rail on first Sunday!.  This doesn't get recorded by the office and I don't care because I don't use it as a charitable write off like many do.  My point is this:  Budgets are necessary but you never know when giving will slack off or some random person drops a hundred,    God knows.

Joy and I had a nice day sitting on the porch after meeting Carol for Mexicans.   Pearl barked incessantly at poor old Austin out there doing his thing so Joy and Pearl went to the bedroom for a little rest.  I woke her up when I left and we made up the bed again ;)  She is such a sweet soul.  

Y'all have a great weekend and leave room for the spirit to work^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment