Wednesday, June 29, 2022

the gi guy

I have this surgeon friend who pulled out of hospital practice here and went to Ripley. I still travel to see him because he's to the point and good at what he does.  The last time I tried to get a colonoscopy prior to the expected reversal, the OPS center was going to charge me a 200 buck "facility fee" because it hadn't been five years since I'd had one.  There's been a lot going on with my guts since five years ago.  It would not be a screening but a diagnostic in an intestine that ends with an illeocolostomy.  I figure since there's no rectum it's through the stoma.   OMG.  But that's a little thing compared to what others are fighting with.  Reaves' Mommy Kim is neck deep in chemo for breast cancer and is suffering mightily.  She's a fighter so it's all good.

My friend lost her son recently and is headed here to bury him in a couple of days.  We go like alllll the way back and then some.  I will be there with her along with many family and friends.  Not just for visitation but for the long haul. She and I used to babysit Tommy on snow days and play Voice of the Mummy.  We had a secret club in junior high called 3-M company.  I still have a book from her signed "Love in 3-M"

My daily regimen now is peroxide and neosporin for these abrasions.  Lucky for me I'm "almost a nurse."

Y'all be chill and love the one you're with ^j^














No comments:

Post a Comment