Thursday, June 30, 2022

staffing shortage alert

Being a hospitial worker all my life I am well aware that nothing major happens testing wise on a weekend unless it is emergent.  That goes double on a holiday weekend.  Workers are allowed so many holidays per year and otherwise, you show up as usual.  Factor into this that all the stupid people come out of the woodwork and do their crazy. Plus the blood supply is critically low because people are  on vacation and whatnot.  But, I digress.

Joy and I braved the heat today for lunch with friends and she ran into some of HER old friends in the parking lot. I recognized Jane but not Dorothy.  She was a teacher when I was in high school.  I told her we have a reunion coming up and, lord willing, I think she'll be there.  We only have a few left.

The heat is relentless and I thank God for every little breeze.  I should go out there and water but it's so hot I might just give up the ghost in July.

Y'all be merry and bright ~


No comments:

Post a Comment