Friday, June 10, 2022

talking points

I stopped by on the way home and spent some quality time with folks I haven't seen in forever.  It was a fundraiser for the Dyer County Democratic party and of course all the candidates were there from every party and their mama'n'them.  It reminded what a slacker I've been politically but I learned a lot from it.  Met a FB friend and his wife involved in deep conversation and enjoying the atmosphere.  I walked through all kinds of kids playing basketball and just wandering around for fun.  That is what late spring is all about.  Next week will be premature summer.  Gawd!  I have noticed the past few years that June and early July are brutal but August is tolerable, as Daddy would say.  I hope that pattern continues.  September is always hot as hades and that's my birthday month.   A Virgo, through and through.  So are my girls, but on the cusp of Libra.  

Y'all have a great weekend whatever you're doing.  As for me, I'll be pulling bermuda grass tomorrow before it takes over everything I've planted.  Lorna told me to put it in a bag and burn those little rhizomes.  I can do that ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment