Wednesday, December 1, 2021

dear diary

Today was busy busy and we covered a lot of miles.   It wears me out but I'm glad that I can actually get out the house which is where I sat for two years after retirement.  PTSD and all that.  I didn't know who I was outside of that hospital day in and day out.  Thank a nurse or an almost one when you get treated kindly.  You gotta' wanna' do that job with compassion.  Burnout is common.

I cried the last time I walked through to tell them I was done.  Martha said " Main Jane....did you not see this coming?"  My first RC surgery was pretty easy because it was just a snapped tendon from falling on ice.  Number 2 was the bad one where I had to choose between a replacement that would reduce my ROM or live with it.   Not too long after that my colon acted up and damn near killed me.  I'm pretty tough though, and obviously here for a reason.

One of my stops today was to get new surge protectors and I scored half price on bulbs at the garden center.  We're gonna' plant them at Mama and Daddy's grave before it freezes solid.  

I am not certain about anything because I know it' all in Big Ernie's hands.  I'm just a player doing what he intended for me when he counted all my toes and every hair on head.  


Believe ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment