Sunday, December 5, 2021

Elizabeth IV

My friend Cathy gave Reaves a baby doll complete with crib, high chair and all the fixings.  She and Lauren got here before I came home yesterday and she had already found the bounty.  After playing for awhile, I asked her what the baby's name is. "Elizabeth" she replied.  Just like her and her mom and me.  
All have Elizabeth in our names so the baby doll is 4th generation.  At church this morning I learned that the name Elizabeth, as in mother of John the Baptist means, "God is my oath."  I thought that was pretty cool.  The church was packed for a change because there is only one service now and I love it when the church is packed and a full choir on board.  It was glorious!  

Christmas is fast approaching and it's still warm and muggy...just right for a tornado or two.  I even had to turn on the AC Friday night and yesterday.  I'm craving fried chicken and the bird is thawing in the sink as I type.  I'll cook it Mama Stafford style, slow and crispy.  

Rejoice ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment