Monday, December 13, 2021

go fund me

I do a fundraiser online every year for something that means a lot to me.  The latest was Paws to Care.  If I see a friend that is raising money for a cause that is dear to their heart,  I pitch in.  Ten bucks ain't gonna' kill anybody and it's a nice tribute.

I am an active player in a family that is in recovery.  I do what I do and I don't get bitched at.  Reaves will grow up knowing that chill in moderation is a good thing.  We worry, about the genetic makeup that includes addiction on both sides.  I was married to an alcoholic/addict and he was a wonderful sweet caring man who did his best for the company and his family.  Lauren was a Daddy's girl, the one and only.  As for my mental health history there was a LOT of drama and tons of secrets.  Nobody ever told me a damn thing until I was older.  I just knew it was scary always having to put out the fires.  I didn't do that.  Mama and Daddy and Jim and Nancy did.

I was a new employee at Parkview Hospital when my uncle died from liver failure.  I called the fam and they were all scattered about living their lives in the fast lane.  I think I got Mama first.  
This was in about hmmmm....1980ish?  I believe he was in our first ICU unit with Della Campbell on board.  All I can remember is saying "what a waste of talent."  He was 36 years old.

His daughters were part of a band of girl cousins including me, Millette, Debbie, Sandy and Nancy.  Three of us are still alive.  Life is hectic for all of us.  I will never remember how bad I felt for not taking my parents to Mo's that night.  It was the last one besides Harborview.  Woulda, coulda shoulda.  I think most of reach a point where we're too tired to make the effort.  Bubba and Tommy were the only boys in that crew.

Boo and me picked up about a hundred pounds of pecans today because we love it.  But it does kick an old girl's ass in a hurry.  Ms Joy sat inside after lunch drinking water and reading Fannie Flagg.  Happy as a lark!

Love ya....mean it ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment