Friday, December 24, 2021

the manger

I have been going to church since I was a kid and learned a lot in Bible School and whatnot.  Many of those stories I still remember!  It has only been during the past five years that I realize what a gift God gave to us freely.  His only begotten son.  I'm especially captivated by Elizabeth.  Me, Lauren and Reaves all have Elizabeth in our names.  When Mary arrived to help her out, lo and behold she was pregnant too!  And a virgin, no less.  But yet they came from near and far to worship the King.  

I was out running around all day playing Sandy Claws and visiting with folks.  I met six dogs at one house and two at another.  In between there was a drop by to wish Carney a happy birthday.  She's 89 but don't look it a bit.  I've been cooking in true Mama Stafford style.  Got those cheese grits ready to bake.  Bubba's gonna' grill the bacon so all I have to do is slap some biscuits in the oven.  BTW, it will be 76 tomorrow here in balmy West Tennessee.  At least the wind has died down!

Happy holidays ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment