Tuesday, December 21, 2021

don't ask me

I am one of those people who will keep your secrets to my grave. Okay, I might have told it once or twice but always in a loving way.  Church was glorious today,  Choir was absent so I sat with one my friends and sang my heart out. Today's playlist was spot on. There were handbells across the rail and that always make me happy!  

Well, now it's Tuesday and in typical Poopie fashion I did not finish what I started.  Squirrel!  Since then Patty and I have wrapped up pecan picking 2021 and most are cracked.  I think between us we have picked close to 200 pounds just from the two trees in my yard.  We both have rollers but sometimes you just gotta' get down on all fours and do pecan yoga.  Neither one of us can walk by one without picking it up.  I guess it's like crack to us.

My friends and I went out to dinner this evening and I loved every minute of it.  I hardly ever go out after dark being the homebody that I am.  Plus there's that night vision thing.  We gathered together an extra tip for our waitress and she didn't even have time to open the card!  They were slammed.  That's why you go early to Moustos.  

 I am so proud of my old friend for being sworn in as judge today.  He is a good honest down to earth man which is what the justice system needs.  I'm loosely pulling together my next article about Brad Kellum and his rise from soap in the garage to custom wooden boards.  More later on that.  His website is not even live yet but will be in the spring.  These are to die for works of art for your culinary displays.

We are T-4 days until Santa comes so if you don't have your shopping done, sucks to be you.  Slowly but surely I'm pulling things together around here.  I have a couple of cakes to make and Christmas breakfast but I'm good on the rest.  I have no plans for Christmas Eve except to plant those bulbs I got on the cheap at Lowe's at my parents' grave.  The weather looks nice for outdoor play.

I pray that you have hope peace love and joy not just this month but all year long ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment