Sunday, December 12, 2021

you can't make this shit up

Today has been a lesson in humility for me, personally.  I went to church where I saw my warrior woman pastor crack a bit as she described the devastation on Friday night.  Two of our sister churches were destroyed in Dresden and Mayfield.  It reminded me of the story of Hannah Clem in Goshen Alabama on one random Palm Sunday.  God doesn't cause tragedy.  He helps us through it.

I went to lunch with a friend after that and there was a bunch of drama with my debit card getting stuck in the ATM.  Long story short is that after we went to get pliers to pull it out some kind soul found the ejected card and laid it on top of the ATM.  

I cried my way through the service this morning as the candle of Joy was lit.  Thank the Lord my friend understood the puffy eyes and let me vent.  I have two friends who are facing the same diagnosis and that scares the crap out of me, and them.  When I got home my pickin' buddy was soon to join me and we worked for two hours.  Bubba came by.  The usual Sunday afternoon.

I wish you enough ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment