Monday, December 6, 2021

no news is good news

I have come to be of the mindset that if there is not a mass shooting, it's a good day.  If I'm alive and kicking, it ain't my time yet.  I attended a graveside service this morning that was simple and beautiful.  Taps and the flag folding always gets me in the gut.  

I woke up about 3:30 this morning down here in the flats with the wind full on from the west.  It was my first experience during my current tenure to be a witness to that.  I knew it was gonna' be big because it was so warm and foggy.  I could hear the pecans hitting the tin roof and the house was literally shaking.  I listened until the rain and thunder passed and went back to sleep. 

Lauren and Reaves are on the way to the Jackson Christmas parade.  At the age of 4, she is ripe for Santa Claus love and the joy of the season.  I can see it dancing in her little brown eyes.  We have focused on tradition as best we can but the poor nativity scene needs a new Joseph.  His head got broken off!  Baby Jesus, Mary and some of the others are intact.  If I can find the glue I'll work on Joseph's head.

Y'all be merry and bright.  'Tis the season ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment