Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Holidays to all y'all

And of course to mama'n'them and all the aunties.  I cooked cheese grits and scrambled eggs this morning and Bubba provided the meat.  Grilled stuff!   It was short and sweet but he came back by later and got a big Merry Christmas from the girls. We had Christmas part II here today and it was fun.  Lots of toys and memories.   I made the mistake of picking up a book that my Daddy had written for me....one of those tell me about yourself things.  He explained that he grew up poor and his family was not really able to give presents and such.  He spoke about how he and Mama did the best they could to make sure we got what we needed and sometimes, what we wanted.  They wished they could have given me more  That's when the tears started.  

Thanks to global warming I sat on the front porch for quite awhile, looking at the landscape and remembering every inch of this.  All of the barns and long gone houses and the families that lived in them.  There used to be horses at every barn and cattle too.  Daddy knew how to herd the cattle and wasn't scared at all.  My husband got smashed by one and said "no more."  

Reaves woke up at 4AM so by the time they got here she was past ready for round 2.  We opened and played and she ended up glued to Jillian and Addie as usual.  All the toys she got are interactive and aligned with fun and learning.  Girl is smart....just saying.  She has always been an artist at heart like her mother so she's ready with her own set of pastels/pencils and whatever.  I think there was a ruler too!

My boyfriends came by late afternoon for a little visit and we all just chilled.  On the front porch.  On Christmas.  What a blessing ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment