Friday, December 17, 2021

the little things

I ended up in the waiting room of a tire place today and noticed a mama with a little girl who looked to be Reaves' age.  Her mom was on her phone and it was obvious that said kid was bored to death.  She proceeded to make a tent out of her mom's parka and hide until we left.  Mom passed her phone into the tent and all was well.  I tapped her head when I left and said Merry Christmas.  It made my day.  After that was a return books to the library stop.  I thought we had lost one but found it under Joy's bed today.  So thankful for no late fees!

I saw a stack of the magazines that my article will be included around January.  It's mostly huntin' and fishin' and whatnot.  But I did notice an ag story in the current issue.  I mean you gotta' diversify!  That is the way my friend Brad has grown his business.  He started out making soap in his garage and become the owner of a franchise called Buff City Soap.  He is now launching another brand featuring carved wooden boards.  And I will have one.  

So many people are on my heart these days.  Two of my friends are facing breast cancer.  All those poor folks who are suffering the effects of storms stay with me through every hour and day.  Death knows no holiday and another close friend's mother is about to pass over.  She called me today to tell me she's there for the duration.  I know the drill because I did it with both of my parents.  

I have a lot of pet peeves and most of them are traffic and vehicle related.  Like, turn on your lights when it's dark, foggy or raining idiot.  Use that turn signal like they taught you in driver's ed.   Stay off of my ass or pass.  Do not push an old lady on the brink.  And slow the eff down.  Life is not a race.

I refuse to even keep up with the political scene right now because it's all just a bunch of finger pointing on both sides.  That's not was governing should look like.  Aywho, y'all be merry and bright. ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment